A LabX7 initiative for today’s smart dairy farms using AI & IoT
CA$H COW COLLAR
More Milk & More Calves through smart dairy herd management
Smart Ca$h Cow Collar
A boon for animal husbandry using automation and AI
How to help dairy farms increase milk production and reduce costs using cutting edge technology, Cow intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT)? Did you hear of a smart cow collar?
How much money a dairy farm can earn is closely related to the cow’s annual milk production, and the cow’s annual milk production depends on the cow’s annual lactation period. Therefore, in order to prolong the lactation period of dairy cows, it is essential to timely impregnate the cows. In order to timely impregnate the cows, it is necessary to accurately determine the Estrus period (Also known as Oestrus period) of the cows.
What is Oestrus period or Estrus period?
Oestrus period is a recurring period of sexual receptivity and fertility in female mammals including cows. It is also known as “heat” period or the “cow heat cycle”.
Most dairy plants rely on traditional manual observations to detect cow estrus. This method is not only time-consuming and laborious (often in the middle of the night), but also extremely easy to miss the cow’s estrus period due to missed detection, which is very important for improving the cow breeding rate and milk production which is unfavorable.
Therefore, cow estrus testing is an important part of raising dairy cows. If this work is not done well, it will directly affect the economic benefits of dairy farms in the following ways:
- Due to improper handling, it will directly lead to increased production costs, reduced utilization years and food safety risks.
- Natural estrus cannot be discovered in time and mating is incomplete, leading to the abuse of reproductive hormones.
- Diseases cannot be detected and diagnosed in time, leading to drug abuse.
- The lack of professional guidance for the diagnosis and treatment of the disease has led to the abuse of antibiotics.
Let us compare the average milk production per cow that has been adopted in the smart farm management program with a normal cow. A smart farm cow can reach milk production of around 11.8 tons per cow per year. A normal cow without intelligent solutions produces around 2.5 tons of milk in the same period. The difference is quite visible. The low detection rate of Estrus is a very important reason in this case. Hence, you need something to improve the detection level of cow estrus, and the “CA$H COW COLLAR” is the ultimate solution to this problem.
Improve the production and profitability of the dairy farmer by 10X. It is the “CA$H COW COLLAR” or the cow estrus monitoring cloud system developed by LABX7 and senior experts in the livestock industry. The system uses “heat sensor app” along with RF technology to generate the signals and 4G repeaters to complete the network architecture.
Compared with similar products on the market, our ca$h cow collar is designed to automatically upload data and reduce labor costs, while also providing the following distinct advantages. These functions solve the following common problems observed in similar products:
- Due to the low recognition rate of the physiological state of the cattle by the automatic equipment, we have improved the cloud algorithm to accurately recognized the physiological state of the cattle through big data and professional machine learning algorithms.
- Identify the characteristics of cattle feeding activity and be able to accurately determine the cattle mining.
Existing markets: The smart ca$h cow collar has entered China’s major pastures and have been exported to Bangladesh already. The measured data is very good. Welcome to visit and inspect. We are currently looking for global distribution partners for sales and service to join hands in the future of cattle husbandry. We think the smart ca$h cow collar can be a major game changer for the industry.